Thursday 5 July 2012

Smell Something Fishy?....


Smell something fishy? Well I hope so, over the past few days I have been discovering the wonders you can do with fish. I have been working it in to my diet as much as possible, eating it with potatoes and veg, adding it to pasta, including it in stir-fries and even chucking it on the Barbie.
The reason for my obsession with eating fish at the moment is because it’s easy to forget how beneficial to your health eating fish actual is. It’s jam-packed with nutritious oils, vitamins and energy. Another thing is, it’s packed with all the good stuff and almost none of the bad.

Research states that eating fish regularly can even help lower or prevent the risk of various disorders and diseases.  It also helps to build brain tissue so fish is quite literally food for the brain. Due to it’s high source of omega 3 fish helps not only to contribute to the growth of brain tissue but also strengthens the retina (the light sensitive tissue lining the inner surface of the eye).

The list of benefits provided from eating fish is endless from the prevention of depression to cancer there are so many great reasons to start introducing fish into your diet. If you don’t believe me try it for yourself and see, I for one can openly admit that after eating a meal that has included fish I can feel the benefits almost instantly. I feel safe in the knowledge that I have eaten a nutritious and healthy meal that’s going to do me the world of good.

Therefore I urge all of you to start eating more fish, next time your out for Italian opt for the seafood pasta instead of the carbonara or when your at a pub lunch in the country go for the fresh salmon and steamed veg and next time you fire up the BBQ why not slap some Mackerel on the grill as opposed to the usual burgers and sausages?

Also here at Health and Organic Wellbeing we’re always eager to hear from our audience. Therefore if you know of any great fish recipes please let us know. Either leave a comment on this post or tweet us your advice and tips on Twitter @HealthOrganicWe also find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/healthorganicwellbeing/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment